Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) allows a computer to communicate with telephone systems. This technology allows a user to call directly from their computer. Outbound dialers are examples of CTI technology. The outbound dialers can automatically place a call to the prospects and to the customers to increase efficiency while reducing the operational cost of call centers. These dialers enable the agents to make a large volume of calls. They can minimize the stress level in agents while maximizing the revenue for businesses.
Latest outbound dialers are integrated with the CRM, enabling agents to get detailed information of the customers and enable them to deliver a customized performance. With this great feature, outbound dialers can even assist with lead management. The VoIP based latest outbound dialers do not require separate equipment. These dialers are either present as a software solution installed on a computer or as a hosted cloud-based application.
- It requires only a few minutes to install and set up the latest outbound dialers. Agents can access and maneuver these dialers on a computer with an Internet connection.
- When a manager assigns tasks to agents, an outbound dialer can select which customers to call from a list of assigned phone numbers. The outbound dialers use pre-set rules for selection or prioritization of the calls.
- The outbound dialers can identify and filter the unproductive leads. Therefore, it helps agents connect to the calls that are answered by the human recipients. The outbound dialers use the history of previous communications when making this selection.
- The outbound dialers automatically start dialing the next number on the list as soon as a call ends. A ‘Predictive’ dialer may even start dialing the next number before ending the previous call, as it can predict the ending time of the ongoing call.
There are three different types of outbound dialers capable of assisting the call center agents in different ways.
1. Power Dialer
This dialer can automatically dial phone numbers from a list in serial order and allow the agents to focus on live calls.
2. Preview Dialer
This dialer system gives a preview of customers’ information before dialing any contact. An agent can view customer data on the screen and can personalize the conversation for optimal customer experience. This type of dialer gives the call center agents a short window of time to read the information before calling the next customer.
3. Predictive Dialer
This dialer is considered to be the most advanced dialer. It uses intelligent algorithms to determine the most appropriate time to dial a phone number. The Predictive dialer works on a dialing ratio. It can calculate the average duration of the calls and can start dialing the next number before the termination of the current call.
Common Features of Outbound Dialers
Common features of these dialers can be divided into four categories. The collective performance of these features is responsible for efficient contact management in various outbound dialers.
1. Dialing Engine
Dialing Engine has a range of dialing modes and these modes can be set for various dialing campaigns. This system is responsible for establishing contact automatically with the customers on behalf of a call center agent.
The dialing engine can predict an agent’s availability in the predictive dialer. It can wait for an agent to be available in power dialer. In preview dialer, an agent can review a contact’s information before establishing any contact.
The ‘Dialing Engine’ can analyze each call-in to determine the result of an attempt – ‘Answered’, ‘Not Answered’, ‘Busy’ or ‘Failed’. A Dialing Engine can be utilized for the delivery of ‘Text’ messages, as well as for e-mail delivery apart from outbound IVR or automated messaging.
2. Telephony Features
Advanced telephony features enable the latest outbound dialers to perform the following tasks.
- The ‘Silent monitoring’ feature enables a supervisor/team leader to monitor the quality of calls. It is possible to perform this task without the knowledge of an agent or the recipient of a call.
- These dialers can record the outbound calls and can playback the recordings.
- The ‘Silent Whisper’ feature enables a supervisor/team-leader to advice the call center agents without letting the customers know about the presence of another individual.
- Using the latest outbound callers, a supervisor/team-leader can control a call after ‘silent monitoring’ if the situation requires an expert’s assistance or if it becomes necessary to release an agent.
- The supervisors/team-leaders can even observe which agents are engaged and who are not. The ‘Management Reporting’ tools of the outbound dialers assist in this task.
3. Data Management Features
Managers or supervisors can optimally manage and maintain the outbound activities using outbound dialers.
- The ‘List Import’ feature allows the call center managers/supervisors to add vital data to the system. A dialer can determine which individuals to contact based on these data.
- The outbound dialers can validate a list in order to:
- Remove the duplicate data after cross-checking
- Remove invalid records
- Cross-check the data against ‘Telephone Preference Service’ records or ‘Do Not Call’ records
- The outbound dialers can prioritize the high-value contacts and can determine the correct time to call the customers depending upon various features. For example,
it is preferable to call the retired individuals in daytime. However, it is prudent to call working individuals in the evening.
- During campaign management, the outbound dialers can determine:
- how an attempt was made
- When to make the next attempt
- when to stop trying
- when to send an e-mail or text message
- These dialers can even schedule the agents to call some customers based on their preferred timing.
4. Supportive Tools for Agents
Outbound dialers ensure the success of a campaign by delivering vital data. Agents receive pop-up customers’ information on their computer screen and scripting/guidance of a transaction. Outbound dialers can even integrate data with a call center’s current IT application.
Every modern outbound call center dialer is equipped with these features. In addition to these features, a dialing system enables a manager to view real-time management information. It has the ability to learn about the events that are happening or have taken place to measure the results or to make data-driven plans for future operations.